- Organize and facilitate the administrative work of the office including the establishment of internal procedures and tracking systems for correspondence and documents; verify that the work is done in accordance with corporate standards and within established deadlines;
- Identify complex or sensitive subjects, and contacts, for special treatment as well as priority issues that need to be brought to the supervisor’s attention;
- Evaluate, develop, and recommend procedures. Participate in discussions on new/revised procedures and practices; interpret and assess the impact of changes and make recommendations on follow up actions;
- Respond to complex queries from a variety of sources by producing targeted information or by redirecting to the most appropriate source;
- Produces organized, accurate and well documented records conforming to required format with well analyzed data.
- Review correspondence or information materials relevant to the admin work; Prepare and/or consolidate complex reports, documentation including the production of forms, tables and charts on any given area; prepare complex correspondence, briefing notes and other documentation as requested;
- Initiate an orientation package for the administrative services, and brief/debrief and inform staff including rules and regulations, policies and practices and documentation required, not limited to their specific area of responsibility;
- Act as the focal person for record keeping on leases and updating of database for IPSAS compliance;
- Act as an alternate to the focal person for different work areas of admin, including travel, event management, facilities, general administration and others;
- Guide, train and daily supervise junior support staff engaged in the different administrative services under area of responsibility;
- Coordinate with other service units and liaise frequently with administrative staff at the sub-offices;
- May undertake field missions and maintain constant contacts with WFP’s field offices to provide administrative assistance and guidance; will act as the focal point through which all the support to the provincial offices is provided/structured;
- Assist in monitoring expenditures, preparing adjustments and assist managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for procurement plans;
- Assist in preparation of procurement plan with analysis between approved budgets and actual expenditures;
- Prepare or customize financial reports on the basis of WFP corporate system generated reports;
- Assist in auditing/verifying vendors’ invoices against the goods and services provided, processing and monitoring payments;
- Maintain a selected number of administrative control records, and automate reports related to travel, event management, facility, IPSAS compliance, mobile communication and others. Maintain/organize the unit’s filing/record system;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust data discrepancies. Identify and resolve operational problems.
- Ability to communicate moderately complex matters clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work with accuracy under time constraints and pressure; to deal patiently and tactfully with staff members and other clients and to have a high sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English & Urdu.
Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other WFP standard software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN system administrative policies, rules, regulations and procedures. Specialized knowledge of WFP administrative rules and regulations and policies and practices in the specific area of work.
- Formal training in reporting from complex data/sources using analytical tools.
- Knowledge in the procurement processing.
- Customer orientation training or experience in a similar role, such as a service desk, remote coordination/support.