- Assist the ADO in the design and development of individual projects. During the project development process, the DADO develops project plan and prepares to take over project implementation management once the project is awarded.
- Work with program counterparts to develop work plans for the implementation of individual projects. The DADO is responsible for the maintenance of project management policies, procedures and practices.
- Work with communities and other relevant government structures to mobilize local resources (community contributions and government resources) to implement project activities. Successful implementation should include on-going consultative processes, and government and community involvement in all phases.
- Report to ADO project implementation difficulties/problems and, as appropriate, suggest solutions.
- Manage project close out processes, to include participation in evaluation of individual projects.
- Advise the ADO and senior program management on methodologies to improve project implementation.
- Use the program Activity Database for project tracking and reporting.
- Oversee public tendering processes for subcontractors when applicable.
- Work with the Islamabad-based Operation and grant units to document grant related activities (contracts, POC forms, DCF, Handover, SVN etc)
- Assist the ADO in administering office operations at the agency/area level. These responsibilities may include managing and coordinating the payment of monthly bills, overseeing office filing systems, and tracking non-expendable supplies.
- Assist the ADO in administering office operations at the agency/area level. These responsibilities may include managing petty cash, coordinating the payment of monthly bills, overseeing office filing systems, and tracking non-expendable supplies.
- Supervise the AFOs and assign tasks for effective management of the grants idea implementation.
- Assist and coordination with the M&E team in grants monitoring and evaluation in the field.
- Resolution of community complaints and conflicts during grant implementation stage.
- Work with the Islamabad-based procurement unit to define and procure in-kind contributions (materials, equipment etc.).
Wednesday, 28 August 2013
Deputy Agency Development Officer -South Waziristan
Job Location: South Waziristan - Wana
Job Type: Contractual
Last Date: 10 September, 2013
Salary: 105,418.35 per month
Under the overall supervision of the Program Manager and in close coordination with the Field Ops Unit and in the direct supervision of the agency-based Agency Development Officer (ADO), the DADO’s primary responsibility is to manage the implementation of FSP project activities in his area of responsibility. Other key responsibilities include participating in project design, development, and monitoring.
To ensure local acceptability and security, the DADO will be based in the political administration compound and will work with the FATA Secretariat (FS), Political Agents (PAs), line departments and other Government structures, as appropriate, at the agency/area level. The DADO will be required to travel extensively throughout his respective agency/area.
Specific duties and responsibilities
The DADO’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent.
The DADO will have minimum 5 years’ experience in activity management and budgeting in rural environments. This will include experience following through with activities to assure that procurement, finance, logistics, and programmatic aspects of the activities are being implemented on-time and in accordance with the specifications of the approved activity.
Local candidates of the region will be preferred