PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The aim of the position is to coordinate with local government and communities to ensure EHSAR rectification plan is develop and implemented as per national WASH implementation standard. The also aim to present the progress and convey issues to the NO and if asked to SO and RO.
I. Program management and evaluation 100 %
a. Supervise and conduct regular assessment of EHSAR project facilities and report it to NO focal person.
b. EHSAR rectification plan is develop by involving different stakeholders including communities, government and WVP Management
c. Recommend appropriate rectification alternatives for each component of the projects.
d. Share water testing results with local communities and the government authorities for better understanding and support
e. Conduct communities meetings and mobilize them on closing/relocating severely contaminated water points.
f. Liaise with local government authorities and organize Project Review Board (PRB) meetings as appropriate
g. Control EHSAR rectification budget and suggest changes accordingly
h. Handover EHSAR rectified WASH facilities to local communities or local government where applicable.
i. Develop EHSAR rectification report and share with NO office or as appropriate
• EHSAR rectification plant along with budget
• Based on ground realities, various rectification scenario is developed with appropriate budget
• Communities are well aware about the quality of water provided by EHSAR project
• Communities are helping to allocate spaces for relocation or closing out the infected water points
• PRB is fully on board and taking decision in EHSAR rectification plan.
• NO finance and management is fully aware of the spending and changes happening in the budget.
• All WASH facilities are handed over with complete documentation
• Final rectification report is available
WASH expertise essential
Water quality minimum standard by SPHERE essential
Excellent English Communication skills (oral and written) Essential
Thorough knowledge of MS office and Lotus Notes Essential
Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct, understands other international development guidelines Preferred
Ability to train and increase capacity of engineers Essential
Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina Desirable
Commitment to World Vision Core values and mission statement Essential
Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local culture context Desirable
Agreement with World Vision’s Christian ethos Desirable
Experience in rural or decentralized/household in WASH Essential
Experience in water quality monitoring Essential
3 year’s experience in NGO or any other agency Preferred