This position aims at improving the quality of WV Pakistan IDPs response program maintaining efficient and effective monitoring systems and local mechanisms and enhances accountability, internal information flow and providing field-based program support relevant to Monitoring & Evaluation. M & E Officer will act as focal point for information sharing at project location and will ensure information flow among the different projects and different locations
• Facilitate and contribute in doing Rapid and comprehensive assessment through RAs, in collaboration with project staff, with the objective of assessing community needs with special reference to gender, child rights, marginalized children etc. Community needs and situation analysis are assessed and identified in compliance with WV’s policies, and readily available for program designing and funding opportunities.
• Represent WV in join Assessment and monitoring with humanitarian forums and agencies when needed Facilitated program in outreaching new areas and exploring program opportunities.
• Develop situation analysis index and formats. Conduct situation analysis in collaboration with project staff. Assessment design along with templates and guidelines are readily available (in line with WV approaches) for carrying out new assessment.
Monitoring and Evaluation
• Support and troubleshoot the implementation of the M & E system. Analysis, feedback and change ensured.
• Work with Project Manager, Shelter, and Voucher & WASH and other sector specialist to ensure that their information /reporting needs are being met with. Assist the project manager in the consolidation of monthly reports. Facilitation for the preparation of monthly narrative and ITT - indicator tracking table reports provided for timely delivery of reports. Variances are identified and coordination with the staff for future rectification.
• Develop systems for monitoring impact together with the Project Manager and DME Coordinator. Project specific needs i.e. PDM- post distribution monitoring are fulfilled. Regular monitoring of core projects is ensured. Monitoring reports with appropriate coverage and recommendations are available.
• Coordinate and participate for regular monitoring of data collection, analysis and reporting. Participate and facilitate FGDs - Focus Group Discussions. Field visits are made and have close interaction with the community (men and women) and record their views and feedback about the program. Systematic record and data available in soft that could be used for making up analysis and writing report as needed.
• Facilitate baseline data collection together with the Project Manager and DME coordinator. All the projects are baseline and the pre-implementation situation updates are available.
• Respond with accurate information in a timely manner to project/program information requests from Peshawar and Islamabad. Information sharing needs are fulfilled with accurate and updated data. A hub of information is maintained and accessible to the management and team.
• Identify and develop stories with the staff through MSCT in the implementation of achievements in response to objectives with major focus over women and children. Presentable stories on significant change in the community prepared and available on quarterly basis with major focus over children and women. Worthy of note stories available for inputs in biannual and annual reports and other documentation of the program/donor.
• Support and participate project / program Mid term and end evaluations (both internal and external) as required Evaluations studies are conducted and report available in lined with the objectives of the project and timeframe.
• Training enumerators during data collection. Quality and standards of surveys are ensured during data collection.
• Manage all internal evaluation activities; systematically ensure the analysis of results is shared with stakeholders Evaluation studies are conducted in lined with WVP standards. Reflection sessions with concerned stakeholder are performed based the results from the evaluation studies.
• Participate and involve in strategic and design process forums and decisions M&E is contributing with program and field related realities in strategic decisions and design processes are
• Review minimum documentation for all the project and give feedback and ensure alignment to minimum standards All projects/ program have complete documentation available in hard
• Provide technical inputs in program development process All M&E plans and logframes are technical reviewed and refined
• Giving guide line and instruction to staff for effective implementation of M & E roles and responsibilities Staff capacity building
M & E guide lines clearly understood by the staff
M & E procedures strengthen and well place at field level
• Review TORS for the consultants to be hired for the projects Ensured that TORs are in line with the project goal and outcome
Ensured that TORS are in line with leap standard
• Develop/Review TORS for Enumerators hired for different assessments Ensured TORs according to the requirement of the assessment being carried out
Ensured defined roles for the enumerators for successful assessment
Ensured assessment carried out in systematic way
• Facilitate in feasibility assessment for the selection of villages on the basis of need identified Ensured village selection criteria meet the vulnerability
Ensured the transparency and accountability in the whole process
Ensured village criteria included presence of marginalized children and women in the village
• Closely work with managers/ project coordinators to assess the capacities of implementing partners for the projects Ensured the IP has the capacity to work with WVI in implementation of a certain project as per standard procedures and policies
• Perform other duties as assigned Programmatic Support is available on need basis
• At least two-years experience in management of monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian relief or development projects.
• Familiarity with data management software (MS Access, MS Excel, SPSS, etc) desirable.
• Proven experience establishing monitoring and reporting systems.
• Experience in quantitative/qualitative data collection techniques.
• Experience of training colleagues in new systems.
• Excellent oral and written reporting skills.
• Demonstrated ability to write and edit articles and reports under deadline pressures.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Urdu. Pashto will be preferred.
• Proven ability to work both independently and collaborate in close coordination with diverse staff and partners.