iMMAP NGO Sindh Job
- Identify new projects opportunities and respond to RFPs and EOIs,
- Support management in fund raising and proposal writing,
- Develop and implement iMMAP Media / Communication strategy in collaboration with Media/Branding Coordinator in order to strengthen positive iMMAP brand image. Monitor successes or otherwise of communication strategy.
- Coordinate with program staff of different components and collect information about iMMAP activities and compile & package it for media consumption in the form of press releases, special editions, substantive articles etc.
- Coordinate both internally and externally to arrange events and media coverage. Ensure extensive media coverage of iMMAP-led activities at the national, provincial and local levels.
- Support Media/Branding Coordinator with all external communication.
- Take lead in copy writing; ensuring a consistency of approach. To supervise research, source and write clear and accurate copy for a variety of communications materials, both print and online.
- Ensure timely production of companies newsletters and other project capacity building and training material.
- Design and implement awareness raising campaigns for media, civil society, and other stakeholders for usage of IM tools developed by iMMAP. • Identify funding opportunities and new program areas that match iMMAP expertise.
- In consultation with CD/CTA develop strategy for diversifying and growing funding base.
- Develop and review Concept Notes and Proposals for all programs by identifying the opportunity areas.
- Ensure proposal deadlines are met in a timely manner, by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; submitting final proposals to donors.
- Supervise any assigned/ reporting staff to ensure that they manage their tasks effectively.
- Performs any other work assigned by Management.
Represent iMMAP Pakistan with project stakeholders and potential partners and donors.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO BENEFICIARIES
iMMAP Pakistan Team members are expected to support all transparency and accountability efforts,
iMMAP programmes will adhere to accepted international standards and practices guiding international relief and development work,
iMMAP will actively engage beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of field programmes and projects.
CHAIN OF COMMAND :
The Senior Communication & Proposal Writing Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Country Director and Chief Technical Advisor. He will work in close consultation with other members of the iMMAP Pakistan most importantly in close collaboration with Media/Branding Coordinator in order to create positive brand image of iMMAP’s projects in the eyes of all stakeholders. .
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS :
- At least 10 years hands on experience in the field working for both private sector and humanitarian/ development community.
- A university degree in Mass Communication, Business Development, Project Management, or anyother related field.
- Understanding of IM and Disaster Risk Reduction/ Management [DRR/ DRM] subject.
- Hands on fund raising and exceptional proposal writing skills.
- Experience in the use of Social Media tools for promoting causes and creating awareness,
- Working knowledge of multimedia editing software such Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premier, Inpage, Corel Draw, MS Automation and other media related software etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, exceptional oral and written English & Urdu communication and presentation skills are essential. Working knowledge of other Pakistani major languages such as Urdu and Sindhi will be an advantage.
- Ability to develop good working relations with diverse stakeholders e.g. government departments & institutions, media houses and humanitarian organizations.
- Strong analytical skills; Exposure of working with government and international development institutions / organizations.
- Practical background in print and electronic media.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment and emergency situations with local capacity building objectives.
3 Months - Extension of the contract is subject to the performance and availability of funds.
WORKING CONDITIONS :
- Willingness to travel frequently when required throughout Sindh and to other major cities in Pakistan.
- Physically fit and able to cope with demands of unusual working hours and difficult environments.
- Willing to multi-tasking.
- Willing to work under time bound Schedule.
- Applicant should be a resident of Sindh province.
Apply with a Covering Letter and up-to-date CV to:
firstname.lastname@example.org c/o Pakistan Recruitment in the subject line.
18/ 08/ 2013